Kinds of Personal Information held
Interactive Gateway and Access Digital only collects personal information that we require to perform our functions. The personal information held will depend on the services you request from Interactive Gateway and Access Digital and the use that you make of those services.
We may retain and access any data or information concerning your use of the services in order to facilitate our requirement for interception capabilities within ASIO (and any other law enforcement agency) jurisdiction inside the commonwealth of Australia.
Information Interactive Gateway and Access Digital may collect include:
- contact details (such as your name, address, position, employer, email address, fax number and contact phone numbers);
- your date of birth;
- records of your use of the services provided by Interactive Gateway and Access Digital
- records of communications between you and Interactive Gateway and Access Digital
- account name and account and routing number held by financial institutions from which payments for services provided are made andinformation obtained as a result of credit checks which you authorise us to carry out;
- billing statements.
Use of your Personal Information
Interactive Gateway and Access Digital does not trade, rent-out or sell your personal information.
In the course of providing services to you, we may also use your personal information for related purposes, which include the following:
- network routing;
- performance monitoring of your services or testing or trialing activities;
- processing your application, carrying out credit checking and scoring and ongoing credit management of your account;
- provisioning or connecting your service;
- providing you with customer or helpdesk service;
- billing you for services and general account management;
- administering contractual agreements or arrangements necessary to provide services to you;
- investigating complaints or carrying out dispute resolution in relation to your service;
- investigating and fixing faults in relation to your service;
- following up any payments that you may owe us or processing refunds where required;
- conducting market and product analysis and sending you product or services information.
Third Party Disclosure
All requests by other third party organisations for information (i.e. organisations that are not law enforcement) shall be forwarded to you for further consideration.
Interactive Gateway and Access Digital contracts out some services such as credit checking, provisioning, verification of sales and fault fixing to external providers. Interactive Gateway and Access Digital may disclose some of your personal information to these organisations so that they can perform services or supply goods in connection with your Interactive Gateway and Access Digital services.
Personal Information may be disclosed to:
- legal, financial and accounting advisers;
- Interactive Gateway and Access Digital related bodies corporate,
- credit providers,
- other telecommunications service and equipment providers,
- credit reporting agencies,
- organisations to whom Interactive Gateway and Access Digital outsources services.
- other businesses that produce or deliver products or services in conjunction with, or on behalf of, Interactive Gateway and AccessDigital.
NOTE: At your request, Interactive Gateway and Access Digital may disclose your information to directory providers so that your information can appear in directories. Personal information shared with related bodies corporate may include your name, address and service history.
When we contract services or disclose your personal information, that personal information is either covered by contracts which protect your personal information or are subject to obligations which are substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles. Interactive Gateway and Access Digital may also disclose your personal information if required to by law. For example, we may disclose your personal information to government agencies for law enforcement purposes or to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database.
It is important to note iGateway and Access Digital are not responsible for the content or practises of websites operated by third parties that may be linked to our website. Such links are for your convenience and don’t constitute sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the content, policies and practises of those sites.
Security of your Personal Information
Interactive Gateway and Access Digital are committed to protecting our customer’s privacy and recognises its obligations to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure both under the Privacy Act 1988 and the Telecommunications Act 1997.
Our data transmission network comprises of private segmented interconnects. Your data is transmitted for replication purposes across these private segments to our secondary and tertiary sites on schedule.
Accessing your Personal Information
Generally, you have the right to see or obtain a copy of personal information about you that we may hold. To request personal information, please contact our Call Centre on (08) 7100 0600.
Assuming we can verify your identity, the employee you speak to may be able to provide you with the information you require over the telephone. However, if you wish to have a copy of any information, we will ask that you put your request in writing and either post or fax that request to us. Remember this is to ensure that we can verify your identity; your privacy is of utmost importance.
In some cases, we may need time to consider and then respond to your request for access. If we do need more time to consider your request, we will acknowledge your request within 14 days or receipt and respond within a maximum of 30 days. If for any reason we refuse to give you access to your information we will let you know why, in writing.
The circumstances in which we may refuse to give you access to your personal information may include where giving you access:
- would prejudice activities carried out by, or for, a law enforcement body.
- would have an unreasonable impact on other’s privacy;
- would prejudice any negotiations we as a company are having with you;
- would prejudice an investigation of unlawful activity;
If you believe that we hold personal information about you that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date you should contact us by calling (08) 7100 0600. In almost all cases, we will amend any inaccurate, incomplete or out of date information immediately. In some cases it is necessary for us to keep a record of what we know or understand to be correct at a particular time. However, in those circumstances, if you request, we will take reasonable steps to associate with the relevant record of your personal information a statement to the effect that you claim the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We would ask that you discuss your request with us by contacting our office on (08) 7100 0600.
When dealing with Interactive Gateway and Access Digital, you have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym.
You do not have this option where:
- We are required or authorised by state or federal law, or a court or tribunal order to deal with individuals who have identifiedthemselves; or
- It is not practical to deal with you without verifying your identity.
Security of Stored Information
To ensure security, we take physical and electronic measures to secure your information. We store personal information in password-protected systems that are in a restricted and monitored area. Access to this private information is limited.
As a customer you also have a role in the security of your personal information. For example, if you have been given access to a system or cloud solution, it is your responsibility to protect your information on that system, e.g. securing passwords.
You can raise any privacy related concern or complaint about breaches of your Privacy in writing or by phone to:
Access Digital Networks
GPO Box 2057
Kent Town BC
Telephone: 1300 326 332